New Delhi: If you have any bank related work amidst the festive season, this piece of news will be important for you. Banks in many cities will not function for 9 consecutive days from tomorrow i.e. October 12. However, these 9-day holidays are according to the states.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) releases a list of bank holidays every month.
Bank Holiday List
- October 12 – Banks in Agartala and Kolkata will remain closed due to Durga Puja Saptami.
- October 13 – Banks will remain closed in Agartala, Kolkata as well as Bhubaneswar, Gangtok, Guwahati, Patna and Ranchi due to Mahaashtami of Durga Puja.
- October 14 – Banks will not function in Agartala, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Gangtok, Guwahati, Kanpur, Lucknow, Shillong, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Patna and Ranchi due to Durga Puja Navami.
- October 15 – Banks across the nation will remain closed due to Dussehra, but banks in Imphal and Shimla will function on this day.
- October 16 – Banks in Gangtok will remain closed due to Durga Puja.
- Banks across the country will remain closed due to Sunday, October 17.
- October 18 – Banks in Guwahati will remain closed due to Kati Bihu.
- October 19 – Banks in Ahemdabad, Belapur, Bhopal, Chennai, Dehradun, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Delhi, Raipur, Ranchi, Srinagar and Thiruvananthapuram will remain closed due to Eid-e-Milad.
- October 20 – Banks in Agartala, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Kolkata and Shimla will remain closed due to Maharshi Valmiki Jayanti.
21 Days Of Holidays
According to the Reserve Bank’s website, there were a total of 21 days off in the month of October. All these holidays were different according to the states. This holiday list includes Saturday and Sunday holidays.
On October 1 due to a semi-annual bank closing account in Gangtok, work could not be accomplished. Apart from this, banks were closed in all states due to Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti on October 2. Also on October 3, banks did not function due to Sunday.
Banks were closed on October 6 on the occasion of Mahalaya Amavasya in Agartala, Bengaluru and Kolkata. Banks were closed in Imphal for Mera Chaoren Houba of Lainingthou Sanmahi on October 7. The bank did not function on October 9 because of it being the second Saturday of the month and Sunday on October 10.
Check Official RBI Website
You can also visit the Reserve Bank of India’s official link https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/HolidayMatrixDisplay.aspx for more information about bank holidays. Here you will find information about bank holidays in every state for every month.
Be First to Comment