Raksha Bandhan 2021: The festive season has begun across the country. Markets are fully decorated for the festival of Raksha Bandhan which falls on August 22.
No festival is complete without sweets. A huge crowd can be spotted at sweet shops on this occasion. A huge number of people and colourful sweets in the shop make any festival brighter.
But instead of giving the same kind of sweets to your brother every year, try something new. Nowadays, youths have become very health conscious and so everyone avoids eating sweets. This time around, you can try something different by offering sweets made by yourself which is going to add sweetness to the relationship.
So let us see what all you can make for your brother on Raksha Bandhan other than traditional sweets:
1. Fruit Cream- While the sweets available in the market may be harmful to health there is also a fear of adulteration in them. In that case, you can make fruit cream of your brother’s choice. You don’t have to do much, get whipped cream from market and add finely chopped fruits of your brother’s choice to it.
2. Halwa- You can make any halwa of your brother’s choice like moong dal, bottle gourd, semolina, or wheat flour halwa and top it with dry fruits, etc. . This delicious halwa made by you will make the festival of Raksha Bandhan memorable for your brother.
3. Cake or pastry- Instead of traditional sweets, you can also make cake or pastry for your brother. Offer your brother a cake or pastry of his favourite flavor.
4. Donuts- Nowadays young people like to eat donuts rather than traditional sweets. In this case, you can also give him donuts after tying the rakhi.
5. Mewa Kheer- Many a time brothers love homemade kheer. You can also add a lot of dry fruits and make kheer for your brother. Don’t forget to refrigerate it before serving. Also, you can make Shrikhand from curd. It’s also quite easy to make. Drain all the water from the curd and add nuts, saffron, cardamom, and sugar, and this way make it an auspicious Rakshabandhan for your brother.
Aren’t these ideas amazing? Try something unique on this Rakhshabandhan and see how the unbreakable bond between a brother and sister blooms.
Be First to Comment