If you are a member of Employees’ Provident Fund (EPFO) and you have not yet activated your UAN number, then there is no need to worry. Now you can generate your UAN number sitting at home. Universal Account Number (UAN) makes it easy to manage PF account. You can generate UAN number by following the following steps.
- First of all go to the official website of EPFO www.epfindia.gov.in.
- After this select ‘Our Services’ and click on ‘For Employees’.
- Click on the user ‘Member UAN/ Online Services’.
- After this, go to the Director UAN Allotment by Allottee Lease given in the Important Link option and click on Activate Your UAN.
- Now enter your personal details like UAN, Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Captcha and then click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- OTP will come on your registered mobile number. You have to click on ‘I Agree’ and press enter the OTP.
- Finally click on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
- You will also get the details related to the PF account on the UMANG app of the Government of India. You can also activate the UAN number through this app.
Benefits of UAN number
There are various benefits of UAN number. Through UAN, you will be able to keep track of all the activities of your PF account. If you have more than one PF account, you can see the details of all your accounts at one place using UAN. Through UAN, you can transfer the money from one account to another. Along with this, you can also withdraw money online .
Before filing ITR, know how to calculate your HRA, how much tax deduction you will get
If you live in a rented house, how can you save tax on HRA, how much tax deduction you will get
Be First to Comment