If you also haven’t linked your PAN card with Aadhaar then we will suggest doing it immediately. The government has extended the last date for linking PAN cards and Aadhaar cards till September 30. Your PAN card will be invalid if you do not link it with Aadhaar by September 30. If you have linked your PAN to Aadhaar then you should cross-check its status online.
Invalid If Not Linked
You may face many issues if you haven’t linked your PAN to Aadhar yet. Under Section 139 AA of the Income Tax Act, your PAN card will be deemed invalid if your PAN is not linked to Aadhaar. You won’t be able to file ITR if you haven’t linked your PAN. Also, your tax refund may not process or go ahead. If you want to avoid all these problems, immediately link your PAN to Aadhaar.
How To Link PAN to Aadhaar
- Step 1: Visit income tax e-filing website to link PAN with Aadhaar
- Step 2: On the left side of the site you will get the option to Link Aadhar, click on it
- Step 3: Now fill in the details on the new page
- Step 4: Enter your PAN number and Aadhaar number from the options
- Step 5: Enter captcha code after filling in all details
- Step 6: Click on the ‘Link Aadhar’
- Step 7: Once you click it your PAN will be linked to Aadhaar
- Step 8: Now, you will be able to see this information on your screen as well
SMS – Option To Link PAN With Aadhaar
To link your PAN card to Aadhaar through SMS, from your registered number type UIDPAN < Aadhar Number> < Pan Number> and SMS it to 567678 or 561561. Once you send the text, you will receive a message that will notify you that your PAN and Aadhaar will be linked shortly.
Be First to Comment