IPL 2022 Retention: All 8 IPL franchises have announced their retained players ahead of the IPL 2022 Mega Auction. And with that, speculations came to a halt after a list of the retained players was officially released on Tuesday. These 27 names have surprised everyone on many fronts after the retention process. Many stars of IPL have missed out on a place in the retained list this time. And for some young players’ fortunes have shone on them.
Ravindra Jadeja and Rishabh Pant are at the top of the highest-priced retained players along with Rohit Sharma. The star all-rounder of Chennai Super Kings and the young captain of Delhi capitals have been retained for Rs 16 crores.
5 Most Interesting Facts About IPL 2022 Retention:
1. Salary cut for Virat Kohli & MS Dhoni: The most surprising thing about this IPL retention is the reduction in the salaries of MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli. These superstars have been included in the team at a lower price this time than in previous years. While Virat Kohli has been retained by RCB for Rs 15 crore, MS Dhoni has been included in their squad by CSK for just Rs 12 crore.
2. Jadeja replaces MS Dhoni: MS Dhoni, who captained CSK since the first season, has been retained by CSK on position number two. Ravindra Jadeja considered Dhoni’s close friend is retained at number one. Skipper Dhoni, whose team has won the IPL trophy four times, decided to come forward and accept a lower salary in view of his retirement. This took Jadeja’s name to number one. Similarly, Virat Kohli’s salary has also come down after he announced his resignation from RCB’s captaincy last season.
3. Promising young players: Most of the names amongst the retained players are of the young players. Franchises have not placed their trust in their star players this time and decided to release them. These star players include big names like David Warner, Yuzvendra Chahal, Dwayne Bravo, Faf du Plessis. While retained players include Sanju Samson, Ruturaj Gaikwad, and Mohammad Siraj.
4. Star players leave their team’s side: During the retention process, primarily it was up to the players to decide whether they wanted to stay with their teams or not. Many star players decided to leave their team because they could not get the right price for themselves in the prescribed slot. These include KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, and Rashid Khan. These players are expected to get big bids during IPL 2022 auction.
5. Lottery for uncapped players: IPL Franchises have expressed confidence in some star players as well as uncapped players. These cricketers have been named to the team keeping in mind the future. The most talked-about name will be Yashasvi Jaiswal, who will continue with Rajasthan Royals. A price of Rs 4 crore was fixed for uncapped players.
Yashasvi Jaiswal (Rajasthan Royals) – 19 years
Abdul Samad (Sunrisers Hyderabad) – 20 years
Umran Malik (Sunrisers Hyderabad) – 22 years
Arshdeep Singh (Punjab Kings) – 22 years
Be First to Comment