Mumbai: Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Jio, and Google announced the launch of the much-anticipated JioPhone Next, a made-for-India smartphone co-designed by the two companies from Diwali, adding to the festive happiness in the country.
With an initial price of only Rs 1,999 and the balance paid over 18/24 months via simple EMI, this will be the most inexpensive smartphone anywhere on the planet.
For the first time, a unique financing option is being offered for a product in this category, making it more accessible to an extensive range of customers with EMI plans to start from Rs 300 to Rs 600 per month.
JioPhone Next will be accessible across the country at Reliance Retail’s extensive network, with unique capabilities in any phone in this category.
Without EMI, the phone will be available for Rs 6499.
Reliance chairman Mukesh Ambani said, “I am delighted that Google and Jio teams have succeeded in bringing this breakthrough device to Indian consumers in time for the festival season, in spite of the current global supply chain challenges caused by the Covid pandemic. I have always been a firm believer in the power of the Digital Revolution to enrich, enable and empower the lives of 1.35 billion Indians. We have done it in the past with connectivity. Now we are enabling it again with a smartphone device.”
Commenting on the launch, Sundar Pichai, CEO, Google, and Alphabet, said, “The JioPhone Next is an affordable smartphone designed for India, inspired by the belief that everyone in India should benefit from the opportunities the internet creates. To build it, our teams had to work together to solve complex engineering and design challenges, and I’m excited to see how millions of people will use these devices to better their lives and communities. ”
JioPhone Next will have all of the features that one would expect from a smartphone, including access to millions of apps on the Google Play Store and over-the-air updates for new features, customization, security updates, and more.
Google and Jio pooled their resources and expertise to jointly build the JioPhone Next, which is designed to meet the different needs of Indian consumers.
Thanks to the built-in voice-first functionality, all Indians will consume information and navigate the phone in their preferred language.
- PRAGATI OS: Pragati signifies ‘development’ in Indian languages. The JioPhone Next is a first-of-its-kind smartphone that runs on Pragati OS, an optimized version of Android designed specifically for the JioPhone Next and designed to provide a simple and enjoyable experience for Indian users. Google and Jio collaborated intensively to develop this operating system, which is designed to meet the specific demands of millions of smartphone users across the country.
- Voice-first Capability: By simply speaking to Google Assistant, users may control their devices (open apps, modify settings, and so on). Users can readily obtain information/content from the Internet in a language that is familiar to them.
- Read Aloud: The device’s ‘Read Aloud’ feature allows the user to read any content on their screen aloud to them. This makes it simple for people to absorb content.
- Translate Now: The Translate Now feature allows users to translate any screen into one of the ten most commonly spoken Indian languages. This enables people to read any information in their preferred language.
- Smart camera: The JioPhone Next comes with a clever and powerful camera that supports a variety of photography settings, including Portrait Mode, which allows users to take excellent photographs with a blurred background. Even in low-light situations, Night Mode will enable users to take beautiful images. Custom India-themed Lenses are also included in the camera, allowing users to add emotions and festivities to their selfies.
- Apps: The device is compatible with all Android apps that users may download and install via Google Play, allowing them the opportunity to choose among millions of apps. It also comes with several Jio and Google apps preinstalled.
- Updates: Over-the-air upgrades for new features, personalization, security patches, and more are available for JioPhone Next, which will continue to improve the phone’s experience over time.
- Easily share: Using the ‘Nearby Share’ function, you can quickly share apps, files, images, movies, music, and more with family and friends, even if you don’t have access to the internet.
Be First to Comment