Virat Kohli Birthday: Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli has been out of form for some time now. He has not scored a century in the last 2 years but Virat Kohli’s overall performance still makes him one of the greatest batsmen in the world. Kohli has scored 70 century in international cricket. The only players ahead of him are Ricky Ponting (71 centuries) and Sachin Tendulkar (100 centuries). Kohli has scored 23,159 runs in international cricket so far. He is ranked 7th in terms of scoring most runs. Today (November 5) is Virat Kohli’s 33rd birthday. On this special occasion, let’s have a look at the 5 best innings he has played so far.
- 133 not out against Sri Lanka in Hobart (2012) – The innings against Sri Lanka during the CB tri-series in Australia in 2012 is one of Virat’s best innings. Kohli scored an unbeaten 133 off 86 balls in the match against Sri Lanka. With the help of this innings, India scored 321 runs in 37 overs. The way Kohli hit Lasith Malinga’s deliveries in the match remained the talk of the town for a long time. Kohli scored 24 runs in an over bowled by Malinga.
- 183 runs against Pakistan in Asia Cup (2012) – Kohli played a brilliant inning in this pressure match against Pakistan in Dhaka. Batting first, Pakistan scored 329 runs in the match. Gautam Gambhir was dismissed for zero. Virat Kohli came in and then played a magnificent knock. Hitting 22 fours and 1 six, Kohli scored the highest score of his career with 183 runs. Thanks to his innings, India won the match in the 48th over.
- 82 not out against Australia in T20 World Cup (2016) – Kohli was in the most brilliant form this year. He played a match-winning innings at the Mohali Cricket Ground in the 2016 T20 World Cup match. Kohli thrashed Aussie bowler James Faulkner in the match. Kohli scored an unbeaten 82 to lead the team to victory.
- 149 runs against England (2018) – Virat Kohli’s tour of England in 2014 was not his best. But Kohli made up for it in 2018 and did amazingly well. Kohli played a crucial 149-run innings in the first match played in Birmingham. The other Indian batsmen were struggling in the match and none of the batsmen scored more than 26 runs. Kohli dominated the bowlers and scored 149 runs.
- 115 runs against Australia in Adelaide (2014) – Kohli once again batted brilliantly against Australia in Australia. His 115-runs in this match is one of the best innings. Kohli scored 115 runs in the first innings of the Test, helping the team to score a total of 444 runs.
Be First to Comment