New Delhi: With a focus to help workers in the unorganised sector, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch an e-Shram card on Thursday. The move will benefit over 38 crore workers in the unorganised sector, according to the Hindu Businessline.
The Centre will launch e-SHRAM portal which is aimed at maintaining a database of workers in the country’s unorganised sector, according to the Minister for Labour and Employment Bhupender Yadav. The workers will be able to register themselves on the portal shortly after its launch tomorrow, according to Yadav.
READ: Six More Private Companies To Enter The Market For Selling Petrol And Diesel Soon: Report
On Tuesday, the labour minister unveiled the logo of the e-SHRAM portal and said it will be the national database of “our nation builders, our Shram Yogis,” adding, that the portal will take welfare schemes to their doorstep.
What are the benefits of e-SHRAM portal?
- Through this portal, the Centre is aiming to register around 38 crore unorganised workers engaged in the construction sector, migrant workforce, street vendors, and domestic workers among others.
- A national toll-free number 14434 will also be launched along with the portal to offer a resolution to the queries of those workers looking to register on the platform.
- Workers can easily register on the e-SHRAM portal through their Aadhar card number and bank account details. They will need to fill in other important information such as date of birth, mobile number, hometown and social category.
- Workers will also get an e-SHRAM card which will have a 12 digit unique number. This card is aimed at the integration of the Centre’s social security schemes.
- The Universal Account Number on e-Shram card will be acceptable across the country.
- Unorganised workers, BOCW Workers, SHG members, domestic workers, ASHA workers, Anganwadi workers, street vendors, rickshaw-pullers, brick-kiln workers, agricultural labourers, MGNREGA workers, fishermen, shopkeepers and small retailers can register in the website.
- All registered workers will be covered under the Accidental Insurance Coverage of PMSBY for a year, as per the Hindu Businessline report. An amount of Rs2 lakh for accidental death and permanent disability and Rs1 lakh for partial disability will be provided for the workers.
- The details of workers will also be shared by the state government and departments.
Be First to Comment